Friday, May 4, 2012

Office Days

It's days like today when Friday afternoon is crawling by that make me miss offshore and my fellow installation engineers.  Offshore there is no 8 to 5, you work until the job is done and then you sleep.  My friends at Oceaneering though, made afternoons like this go by much easier.  The discussions were never normal.  Three of us spent a half hour one afternoon crying laughing over how we could get out of work.  The truth is, if we told our boss we shit our pants, he wouldn't ask us any questions but he would be so uncomfortable you could have the entire afternoon off.  You didn't have to actually shit your pants, you could just say you did. 

The best part about this was that the boss's office was next door to the girls bathroom which was next door to the boys bathroom.  Visualize sticking your head out of the bathroom door and loudly whispering "Boss, boss, I shit my pants, I have to go home." or "Boss, Im in a bad way, I shit my pants and I have to go."  Either way it would still be hilarious.  It's just a normal day at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment